What is it about St. Patrick’s Day that makes it so fun to celebrate even if you’re not Irish? Is it the rainbows, the pots of gold, or all of the wonderful green? It’s probably a combination of everything, plus the fact that it’s a reason to make some tasty treats for you and your little leprechauns.
If you’re looking for some St. Patrick’s Day recipe ideas that will make you feel like you just found a four-leafed clover, look no further than these Lucky Charms Bars and Copycat McDonald’s Shamrock Shake! I know, it might sound like a magical sugar rush to make both, but once you start devouring the Lucky Charms Bars, you’ll find yourself craving a refreshingly minty shake!
Lucky Charms Bars
This recipe yields a lot of bars, which is great if you’re having a party or sending these to school with your kids. You can always modify the recipe to make less!
Here’s what you need:
- 12 cups of Lucky Charms cereal
- 6 tablespoons of margarine
- 16 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray (these are super sticky!)
- Melt the butter and marshmallows together until there aren’t any lumps.
- Stir in the Lucky Charms until everything is just combined.
- Press into the pan and chill them in the fridge until they’re set, about 30 minutes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Recipe inspiration from Bloom Designs
Copycat McDonald’s Shamrock Shakes
Here’s what you need for 2 servings:
- 3 cups of vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup of whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon of mint extract
- Green food coloring- 8 drops
- Whipped cream
- Green sanding sugar or sprinkles
- Maraschino cherries
- Add ice cream, milk, mint extract, and food coloring to your blender and blend until it’s milkshake consistency.
- Add whipped cream, sanding sugar, and a cherry on top.
If you’re missing chocolate, you could add some regular or mint Oreos to these for a cookies and cream twist.
Recipe inspiration from Dinner then Dessert
- Check out more St. Patrick's Day recipes and activities on our Pinterest Board.
- With scrip, you can earn rebates when you purchase your ingredients! Learn more here.