Pizza is delicious. Pasta is also delicious. Pizza pasta— is that even possible? Absolutely.
Now, we’re not talking about taking a pizza and cutting it up to add to pasta (although that would probably be incredibly tasty). Instead, this one-pot pizza pasta takes the best of both items and combines them in a quick and easy meal you can put on the table in 15 minutes. And contrary to its name, this dish we adapted from Fake Ginger is a healthier way to bite into your cheesy, meaty pizza and pasta cravings!
What you need:
Ingredients for 4 servings
- Olive oil
- 8 ounces of turkey sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pepperoni (or more!)
- 1 jar of pasta sauce (use one with veggies for hidden health)
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces rotini noodles (we used Whole Wheat)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups Italian blend cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in the pan, then add the sausage and onion. Cook until sausage is brown and the onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and pepperoni, then stir in the pasta sauce.
- Add in water and the noodles and bring it to a boil.
- Boil the pasta for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and Italian cheese.
- Serve the pasta with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.