Subscribe to Email Updates

Latest Blog Post

Gift Giving, Holiday Shopping, Scrip

Last-Minute Gift Giving with eGift Cards

There are two ways to earn on your last-minute gifting: use eGift cards (ScripNow®) when you’re shopping for the final gifts on your list or send one as an eGift. Over 400 top brands offer eGift cards that you can order and redeem immediately—no planning necessary.

Louise Sanderson
By Louise Sanderson
on 12/20/18 8:30 AM
   

Fundraising While You Shop® This Holiday Season

Louise Sanderson
by Louise Sanderson on 12/1/16 1:00 PM

Family holiday shopping at the mall

Well, we are finally in the Christmas month, right in the thick of the holiday season. It comes as no surprise that people do the majority of their yearly spending while preparing for the holidays, but totals for 2016 spending are expected to reach $935.58. Yikes.

That total includes things like gifts for others, food, decorations, flowers, and greeting cards. But people are also in the giving spirit during the holidays, donating money to organizations and charities, which adds another level to holiday spending. A good deal of schools and nonprofit organizations will capitalize on the generosity and will even run fundraisers at this time.

But you know what people are pressed for during the holidays? Time. Between the holiday shopping, shuttling the kids to school and activities, and trying to enjoy the holiday season parents don’t have time to spend peddling wrapping paper, cookie dough, or candles.

There is an alternative fundraising idea, though, that you can run in a very short time-frame, and that doesn’t exhaust your organization members. Of course, we’re talking about scrip. With scrip, families in your organization will place an order for gift cards that Great Lakes Scrip Center carries at a discounted price. They’ll pay face value for the gift cards and the difference in cost is immediate fundraising for your organization.

Families can then use the gift cards on all of their shopping. Check out the infographic below to see how much you could earn during the crazy season of spending just by using scrip.  

Christmas spending with scrip gift cards infographic

Think how much money your organization could raise in a matter of weeks if everybody participated in scrip fundraising. Hopefully, spending almost a grand during the holidays might not sound as bad anymore.

Another great thing about fundraising with scrip during the holidays is that a gift card is always a good go-to gift. In fact, 61% of people want gift cards or gift certificates for Christmas! And for the other 39%, we can’t imagine they’d be upset about getting to pick out something for themselves.

If you want to keep going on your fundraiser after the holiday rush, you can! With scrip, it’s all on your time and schedule. You can even carry it out into January when a lot of people write “budget money” on their New Year’s Resolutions list. Raising money and budgeting at the same time would be a pretty good way to start the new year.

But for now, simply consider running a scrip fundraiser this month. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how much your organization could earn. Learn more by downloading our Scrip Fundraising Info Packet.

Download the Get Started with Scrip Info Packet now!

Next Steps:

  • How are you planning on budgeting during the holidays? Tell us in a comment below!
  • Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Leave a comment

Louise Sanderson
Written by Louise Sanderson
Attending public schools all her life and being a three-sport athlete, Louise is no novice to fundraising. When she's not writing copy for Great Lakes Scrip Center, Louise can be found playing recreational sports too competitively, or spending quality time with her dog.

Related posts

8 Tips for Bringing in Earnings All Holiday Season

From garland to gifts that give back and everything in between, use scrip on all your holiday essentials and earn even more...

Louise Sanderson
By Louise Sanderson - December 11, 2018
Treat Yourself on Valentine’s Day and Earn

Regardless of what your thoughts are about Valentine’s Day, you might think fondly of a day full of pampering and prioritizing...

Louise Sanderson
By Louise Sanderson - February 12, 2018
Easy Christmas Treat Recipe: Peppermint Patties

If you’re tired of the same old sugar cookies, we have a delicious recipe we pulled from our Team Member cookbook: homemade...

Louise Sanderson
By Louise Sanderson - December 22, 2017
Best Stocking Stuffers Under $10

One of the many things kids get excited to do on Christmas morning is to see what Santa has brought for them in their...

Emily Anderson
By Emily Anderson - December 13, 2017