If you’re tired of the same old sugar cookies, we have a delicious recipe we pulled from our Team Member cookbook: homemade peppermint patties! Don’t get us wrong, we love a good sugar cookie slathered in frosting, but this Christmas we thought it’d be fun to try something new, and these peppermint patties definitely did not disappoint.
Here’s what you need:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Chocolate CandiQuik
- Bag of mini pretzels
- Candy eyes
- Red chocolate candies
- Combine cream cheese and peppermint extract in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually mix in powdered sugar. The end result will be crumbly.
- Knead the filling into a ball and roll it out into a log.
- Cut discs of the filling and flatten them out. Set the discs on a lined baking sheet, then put the sheet in the freezer for an hour.
- Cut pretzels in half and set aside with other decorations.
- Melt the CandiQuik following instructions on packaging.
- Take filling out of freezer and dip a disc in chocolate. If you want to decorate them, do so immediately as the candy dries quickly!
And there you have it! A tasty treat you can decorate how you see fit, although we recommend making reindeer because they are so cute! Want other Christmas treat ideas? Check out our Pinterest board!