While giving someone a gift card during the holidays might seem like the easy way out, the National Retail Federation found that 61% of people want to receive gift cards for Christmas! While that’s great news, the next struggle is figuring out how to wrap a gift card.
They’re too small for a gift bag, and they’re quite awkward to wrap, so you probably resort to finding a generic card and stuffing them in there and calling it a day. Well, if you want to try something other than putting it a gift card in a card, try making this craft. Bonus: you don’t need to have a crafty bone in your body to make these cute little boxes- you can take my word for it!
What you need:
- A glue stick
- A compass or a pencil and string
- Set your compass to 1 and ¾ inches and draw four circles.
- Cut out each circle and fold them in half.
- Arrange the circles so they overlap and form a square, then glue the overlapping parts together.
- Put the gift card in the box. OPTIONAL: write a little note and place it in the box before closing it.
- Fold down the edges and tie the box up with a ribbon.
- Need some last-minute holiday gift ideas? Check out our Pinterest board!
- Do you know another way to wrap a gift card? Tell us about it in the comments!