Creep out Your Kids with this Witch Finger Treat!
Halloween is almost here, and between decorating the house, carving pumpkins, and making costumes, you might be pressed for time to make some treats. We've done our fair share of Halloween recipe pinning on our Pinterest board, but we came across this witch finger recipe that looked quick and easy, and we had to give it a try! This sweet and salty finger food can be whipped up in no time for a Halloween party, or it can be a fun and spooky surprise in your kid's lunch box that they'll want to get their hands on.
What you need:
- 14 large pretzel rods broken in half
- 28 almonds
- Black gel food coloring
- A clean paintbrush
- 12 oz of Wilton's Vibrant Green Candy Melts
- Parchment paper
- Paint the black gel food coloring onto the almonds and let them dry. You might want to use gloves here- it gets messy!
- Break the pretzel rods in half.
- Melt the green candy melts in the microwave on 30-second increments, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip the pretzel rods in the melted candy and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place an almond at the end of every pretzel rod for the fingernail.
- Take a toothpick and draw a few lines on each finger for the knuckles.
- Put the witch fingers in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Serve up some witch fingers!
So this year, don't just rely on your kid's Halloween candy haul. Take 20 minutes to make this ghoulishly good treat!
- Have a Halloween recipe you want to share? Leave us a comment below!
- Like us on Facebook to keep up to date on everything ShopWithScrip related!